Why Do Sports Writers Hate Sports Bloggers?

My most recent interview in Gelf is with Michael Tunison, who was recently fired from his gig at the Washington Post for blogging for Kissing Suzy Kolber in his off time. Certainly KSK is silly and un-PC and raunchy, but no one would mistake Tunison the sports blogger for Tunison the WaPo writer, so the rush at the paper to get rid of him once he outed himself on KSK seems odd at best.



Then, though, I watched the famed sports writer Buzz Bissinger go apeshit on Deadspin's Will Leitch on Bob Costas Now, and I started to realize the actual hatred that many sportswriters seem to have for sports bloggers. Perhaps Bissinger explains it best here:

"Perhaps that's why I'm so heated and so angry. Because this guy, like it or not, is the future. I'm not the future."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

← Blog home